The rich Tenuta Frescobaldi di Castiglioni, this estate's iconic wine, is clearly in a modern key, but holds fast to the qualities of its local terroir. The labels of the bottles prior to the 2009 vintage presented the caption as "Tenuta di Castiglioni"
Grape Variety: Sangiovese, Merlot
A splendid purple-red, with violet highlights
The nose lays out intense aromas of bright red fruit, such as wild strawberry and redcurrant, followed by lovely, pungent notes of anise and cinnamon plus subtle hints of cocoa powder.
In the mouth, a lengthy, slow-paced progression is accompanied by superb structure, an emphatic acidity, and dense, well-integrated tannins. The finish is nicely fruit-laden.
Ideal with game such as hare and boar, with roasted or sauteed beef, roast of pork, as well as with full-flavoured cheeses.
- $7.50 Flat rate per case Australia-wide
- Deal is for 12 bottles of wine
- Shipping includes packing and handling
- Receiver must sign and be over 18
- Please see our Terms and Conditions for further details.